30 Hour Pre-Service Core Advocacy Training
Pre-Service Core Training
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Victim Advocate Training Center
605 11th Ave. SE
Olympia, WA. 98501
The 30 Hour Pre Service Core Advocacy training is designed to provide new crime victim service center advocates and allied professionals with the foundational knowledge necessary to serve victims of all crimes. This training meets the requirements outline by the Office of Crime Victims Advocacy.
Attendees are often those new to advocacy or new to their positions in an advocacy center and have been designed to specifically meet new advocates’ needs although; anyone is welcome to attend a core training.
This training is intended to be taken in its entirety and modules build off of each other.
Topics covered include:
- History of the crime victims’ rights movement in the United States
- Victims’ Rights Laws in the United States and in Washington
- Impact of crime on victims
- Navigating the Justice System
- Communication with Victims and Survivors
- Providing Direct Services
- Cultural and Spiritual Competence
- Ethics in Victim Services
- Developing Resilience
- Resources for Victim Advocates